Data Flow Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We’re seeking a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-minded individual to help manage our data procurement and contracting process at scale. You will work closely with colleagues in Data Strategy and Data Legal to negotiate contracts with vendors across the data spectrum – from traditional Exchange data to vendors who have never sold data before. Using your laser focus on process improvement to onboard data faster and unlock your colleagues’ ability to find new, high-value datasets, you will help strategically differentiate Two Sigma from its competitors.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the negotiation of data contracts with our vendor partners, alongside counsel
- Act as the representative of stakeholders in high-stakes contract negotiations, escalating issues as appropriate
- Own Two Sigma’s data relationship with Exchanges end-to-end
- Strive to meet or exceed the SLAs we have established with our stakeholders
- Identify process inefficiencies and propose improvements; manage implementation of solutions
- Use technology to give visibility into the data onboarding lifecycle
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in operational roles requiring utmost attention to detail
- BA/BS with strong academic track record
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple threads simultaneously
- Experience acting as a resource to help vendor partners navigate internal processes
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information; comfort escalating to management and peers when appropriate
- Openness to learning new processes, and experience identifying inefficiencies, proposing solutions, and managing implementation
- Comfort using technology tools to manage daily workload, including dashboards, Jira, etc.
- Excitement to learn about how data is used in the Investment Management process and the legal framework that mitigates Two Sigma’s risk in doing so
- Experience with contract negotiation beneficial but not strictly required
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.