New York, New York, United States
With the breathtaking pace at which data is growing, and with new types of data coming online and new hypotheses becoming measurable, we continue to face the inspiring and exciting challenge to reveal value in the world’s data. We are seeking intellectually curious and creative Librarian who is deeply passionate about data exploration, augmentation, and analysis to join our team.
This role will be responsible for advancing our program work in how we implement metadata strategies from a business perspective. Your focus will be on working with our team members throughout the firm, to advance and improve our data governance operating model to provide business value through metadata management. The ideal candidate will have experience managing metadata in the financial services industry, and understand how to structure and capture metadata in a way that accelerates and expands its utility across the firm.
It will be important for you to have experience in enabling business partners in the implementation of a metadata management program that helps them understand, exploit, and manage their data assets. You will be working with various business partners who need metadata to enhance management of compliance, regulation, and risk, while being able to create the metadata. Candidates who understand how metadata drives machine learning and artificial intelligence through contextualization of data, would be useful, but not mandatory.You must be able to demonstrate how you build trusted advisor relationships, strong team-building and collaboration skills. You will be advancing our data governance and data management throughout the firm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a metadata enthusiast
- Apply metadata and taxonomy management strategies to organize and classify our data landscape
- Develop and drive continuous improvement of the taxonomy to proactively serve and rapidly retrieve pertinent, meaningful content to our customers
- Define and evangelize best practices for organization of datasets and related metadata
- Ensure that cataloging and metadata practices make resources more accessible and usable, with particular attention to making connections
- Lead the Cataloging/Metadata unit through planning, assembling statistics, analysis, and reporting
- Finance background/experience required
- 5+ years experience with managing a taxonomy or other controlled vocabulary structure
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data and language.
- Ability to work effectively in both an independent and collaborative and complex environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including complex problems solving
- Eagerness to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills