Data Protection and Regulatory Attorney
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented attorney to join our Legal & Regulatory team, providing support to an array of business initiatives with a primary focus on supporting data, technology and research teams. The ideal candidate is an attorney that has prior experience with data protection and negotiating agreements at a regulated financial company and/or technology company.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts with a focus on data licenses, professional services and enterprise technology products.
- Memorializing obligations created by contractual relationships, particularly in the areas of data management and inter-company arrangements.
- Assisting with the implementation of TS policies and guidelines associated with utilizing data and technology services, intellectual property and record management.
- Increasing operating efficiency by maintaining internal document management procedures, standardizing workflows and implementing consistent contractual terms across teams and entities.
- Collaborating with Two Sigma attorneys specializing in privacy, intellectual property, cybersecurity, IT transactions and securities law to provide seamless, high-quality service to internal business clients.
- Performing legal due diligence of targeted assets, especially regarding regulatory permissibility and intellectual property rights associated with data products.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Admission to the New York bar, with at least 3+ years of experience practicing law at a major U.S. law firm or in the legal department of a financial services or technology company.
- Proven experience supporting global sourcing and procurement organizations in contract negotiation with an emphasis on data, technology and professional services.
- Demonstrated experience leading deals and closing large, sensitive agreements within short timeframes.
- Familiarity with website terms of service, privacy policies and international privacy laws.
- High aptitude, strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity to independently learn about emerging areas of law and identify legal issues related to innovative businesses.
- Personality and approach suitable to working collegially with a large team of in-house attorneys serving an entrepreneurial, diverse and growing client group.
- Self-motivated and process oriented with a penchant for improving business efficiency.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.