Data Research and Acceleration Analyst - Part-time Internship (Fall 2018)
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking intellectually curious and creative individuals who are deeply passionate about data exploration, integrity, and analysis to join our team for the fall part-time internship. With the breathtaking pace at which data is growing, new types of data available, and new hypotheses becoming measurable, we continue to face the inspiring and exciting challenge to reveal value in the world’s data.
In this role, you will partner with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and data discovery colleagues to translate data (of various types, sizes, structures, and modeling applications) into actionable insights and to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline. Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying, ingesting, and enriching a wide range of structured and unstructured big data for research;
- Operating and extending our data infrastructure platform to deliver production-grade data curation, exploration, and analysis;
- Thinking and acting as data integrity managers -- amplifying data quality and completeness with a process-driven approach and measurement dashboards;
- Owning end-to-end data workflows and developing deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviors manifested through data;
- Communicating data-driven analysis and insights in the form of “data studies” that enable our investment management research process.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s program for data science, statistics, computer science, or other technical and quantitative disciplines from a top university with a strong academic track record.
- Must be able to travel to our NYC office and commit to 15 – 20 hours per week for the full semester in the fall
- Applied data analysis experience and expertise, especially using popular scripting languages (particularly Python) and/or data analysis tools and languages (R, Matlab, Tableau).
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for working with data
- While financial industry experience/prior internship experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.