Data Research and Acceleration Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
In this role, you will join our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues to translate data into actionable insights and to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing and enriching a wide range of structured and unstructured big data into datasets for analysis;
- Communicating data-driven analysis and insights in the form of “data studies” that enable a nuanced understanding of our data and inform our investment research process;
- Acting as data integrity managers by amplifying, measuring, and exposing data quality and completeness through automation and a process-driven approach;
- Operating and extending our data platform to deliver production-grade data curation and analysis capabilities;
- Developing deep domain expertise on our datasets, the underlying behaviors manifested through these datasets, and the associated, measurable economic phenomena.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record
- Applied data analysis experience with messy data
- Strong Python skills; experience with SQL and relational databases
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
- While financial industry or alternative data experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.