Data Science – Insurance Analytics
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma IQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, Two Sigma IQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
You will be expected to:
- Work with large, possibly unstructured datasets;
- Perform exploratory data analysis and develop predictive models using large data sets
- Carry out independent investigations/research studies and produce reports and visualizations to communicate your results;
- Generate statistical models for a variety of phenomena;
- Interact with industry professionals to understand their business and propose technical/statistical approaches;
- Write libraries and research tools, developing and maintaining a research infrastructure to accelerate future results;
- A strong academic record with at least one degree in a technical discipline.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science and Statistics.
- Experience with data analysis tools (R, numpy/pandas/scikit-learn) and SQL.
- Advanced programming skills in Python
- Experience producing research reports and predictive models.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in credit underwriting and credit analytics are a plus.