Data Scientist - Insurance Analytics
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
You will be expected to:
- Work with large, possibly unstructured datasets;
- Carry out independent investigations/research studies and produce reports and visualizations to communicate your results;
- Generate statistical models for a variety of phenomena;
- Interact with insurance industry professionals to understand their business and propose technical/statistical approaches;
- Write libraries and research tools, developing and maintaining a research infrastructure to accelerate future results;
- A strong academic record with at least one degree in a technical discipline.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science and Statistics.
- Experience with data analysis tools (R, numpy/pandas/scikit-learn) and SQL.
- Advanced programming skills in at least one of Python or Java.
- Experience producing research reports and (ideally) predictive models.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Insurance industry experience would be a plus.