Data Scientist - Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma IQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, Two Sigma IQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma. Learn more about TSIQ at https://twosigmaiq.com/
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with large, possibly unstructured datasets;
- Perform exploratory data analysis and develop predictive models using large data sets
- Carry out independent investigations/research studies and produce reports and visualizations to communicate your results;
- Generate statistical models for a variety of phenomena;
- Interact with industry professionals to understand their business and propose technical/statistical approaches;
- Write libraries and research tools, developing and maintaining a research infrastructure to accelerate future results.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record with at least one degree in a technical discipline.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science and Statistics.
- Experience with data analysis tools (R, numpy/pandas/scikit-learn) and SQL.
- Advanced programming skills in Python
- Experience producing research reports and predictive models.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.