New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is looking for Data Scientists from a variety of backgrounds to help propel and enhance its data-driven investment initiatives. As a Two Sigma Data Scientist, you will explore a breadth of challenges: identifying timely and unique data sets, diving deep into a diverse set of data domains, visualizing and exploring underlying data drivers, and developing data set features and forecasts.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Apply statistical analysis & modeling techniques with finance intuition to datasets large and small, advance existing initiatives and open opportunities to pursue new and previously unexplored research topics across a wide variety of industries and domains
- Operate and extend the data science platform to deliver production-grade data curation and analysis services
- Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviors manifested through data
- Visualize and explore data sets to enable the ideation and generation of new, predictive feature
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis or similar role
- Advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Experience applying statistical methods (distribution analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Strong coding skills with data-frames are a prerequisite, example platforms include Pandas, R, Matlab, and Apache Spark
- Demonstrated experience highlighting innovation, creativity, and intuition, e.g the ability to laterally identify other sources of useful information and think 'outside the box'
- Prior Experience in finance is not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.