New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is looking for Data Scientists from a variety of backgrounds to help propel and enhance its data-driven investment initiatives. As a Two Sigma Data Scientist, you will explore a breadth of challenges: identifying timely and unique data sets, diving deep into a diverse set of data domains, visualizing and exploring underlying data drivers, and developing data set features and forecasts.
- Apply statistical analysis & modeling techniques with finance intuition to datasets large and small, advance existing initiatives and open opportunities to pursue new and previously unexplored research topics across a wide variety of industries and domains
- Operate and extend the data science platform to deliver production-grade data curation and analysis services
- Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviors manifested through data
- Visualize and explore data sets to enable the ideation and generation of new, predictive feature
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis or similar role
- Experience applying statistical methods (distribution analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Strong coding skills with data-frames are a prerequisite, example platforms include Pandas, R, Matlab, and Apache Spark Demonstrated experience highlighting innovation, creativity, and intuition, e.g the ability to laterally identify other sources of useful information and think 'outside the box'
- Prior Experience in finance is not required