New York, New York, United States
The data-driven economy is around the corner, fueled by the proliferation of machine learning, advances in computing technology and a never before seen abundance of datasets. Many industries over are being renovated at an astonishing pace through the surgical application of data-driven decision making. At Two Sigma, we believe that almost all economic outcomes can be determined and optimized through the application of the scientific and data-driven method. We are looking to hire highly creative, motivated strategic thinkers to further differentiate our data-driven investment activities and help Two Sigma shape the data-driven economy at large.
We’re seeking a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-minded individual to drive our strategic data efforts. You will work closely with our research, engineering and business colleagues across the company, as well as a vast and growing external network of established and aspiring data partners. Your contributions will directly influence, enable and impact our firm at its core, shaping the data landscape and what role we play in its future.
Based in Two Sigma’s New York office, the ideal candidate will:
- Be entrepreneurially minded and passionate about data
- Monitor, investigate, and report on new trends in data, working across a wide variety of industries that are important to the global investment community
- Establish a culture of delivery, design and execute a roadmap to grow our Data Strategy
- Engage with local data and technology community
- 7+ years of experience in financial service
- Creativity and rigor: demonstrated intellectual curiosity, specifically around leveraging data and technology in the financial markets
- Strong communication and research skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with common data problems and how to solve them (e.g. web scraping, unicode issues, transposed data)
- Flexible and practical: equally comfortable shaping open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Execution mindset: strong work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality; proven ability to work independently; passion to work in a results-oriented environment
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and takes pride in being a problem solver