New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside world-class scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
We’re seeking a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-minded individual to drive our strategic data discovery and acquisition efforts. You will work closely with colleagues across the company, as well as a growing external network of established and aspiring data partners. Your contributions will directly influence, enable and impact our firm at its core, shaping the data landscape and what role we play in its future.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead strategic planning and execution alongside TS leadership to further optimize our data asset portfolio
- Develop domain expertise across industries to target datasets suited for corresponding investment theses
- Build best-in-class systematic data products with external partners for use in the Two Sigma investment process
- Negotiate contractual terms alongside counsel, often engaging C-suite counterparties
- Manage collaboration with engineering to ensure ongoing data delivery and ingestion
- Identify operational pitfalls, suggest resolutions and certify implementation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-7 years of professional experience
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record; technical fields such as engineering and math preferred
- Experience negotiating and forming strategic partnerships
- Passionate about the intersection of data, technology and financial markets
- Familiarity with data schemas, standards and delivery
- Equally comfortable shaping open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.