Data Strategy Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We’re seeking a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-minded individual to drive our strategic data efforts. You will work closely with our research, engineering and business colleagues across the company, as well as a vast and growing external network of established and aspiring data partners. Your contributions will directly influence, enable and impact our firm at its core, shaping the data landscape and what role we play in its future.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, investigate, and report on new trends in data, working across a wide variety of industries that are important to the global investment community
- Be entrepreneurially minded and passionate about data
- Establish a culture of delivery, design and execute a roadmap to grow our Data Strategy
- Engage with local data and technology community
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2-7 years of professional experience
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record
- Creativity and rigor: demonstrated intellectual curiosity, specifically around leveraging data and technology in the financial markets
- Strong communication and research skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with common data problems and how to solve them
- Flexible and practical: equally comfortable shaping open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Execution mindset: strong work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality; proven ability to work independently; passion to work in a results-oriented environment
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and takes pride in being a problem solver
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.