Data Strategy & Operations Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Data Strategy & Operations team is to develop and implement the long-term data-related objectives of the firm. The team aspires to help Two Sigma stay best-in-class in data-driven investing while exploring high-potential new business lines that harness the firm’s data, technology and capabilities. The work is multi-disciplinary— blending strategy, technology, investing, execution and operations with a key focus on defining how the data landscape is evolving and determining what Two Sigma must do to protect and extend its competitive advantage. As a member of the Data Strategy & Operations team, you will drive growth by managing existing partnerships, evaluating potential strategic investments and incubating new initiatives/capabilities where data is the core component; you will also work closely with existing data-related businesses at Two Sigma to support operations by building hiring plans, developing budgets and establishing reporting/communication protocols.
With multiple openings on our team, we are seeking intellectually curious and creative individuals who are deeply passionate about data exploration who are interested in joining a cross-functional team and making important contributions across a diverse array of projects. Through your partnership with our close-knit team of data sourcing colleagues, engineers, quantitative researchers, and data scientists, you will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, finance, data science and engineering. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with data leadership, business leadership, data strategists to shape our long-term data strategy
- Managing the strategic components of the firm’s data initiatives and our existing investment portfolio by defining objectives, setting/tracking KPIs and working with cross-functional teams to execute on these KPIs as needed
- Developing high impact management and dashboard reporting to drive impact of the firm’s data strategy across all business units
- Managing, monitoring, and extending our data discovery platform to measure and improve our research partners ability to discover, trial and purchase datasets
- Supporting the development of a firm-wide proprietary content strategy and primary research capability by conducting surveys, managing vendor relationships and overseeing web-scraping
- Conducting competitive landscape analyses and market mapping within the data and data engineering domains
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic track record with university coursework or related data analysis experience;
- 1-3 years of experience in roles within the fields of banking, consulting and/or investment management;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- Data analysis experience preferred, but not required ;
- Strong presentation materials;
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data, technology and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills;
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.