Data Visualization Engineer (Contract)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to join our alternative data modeling team on a contracted basis. You will work closely with our data scientists and modelers to create interactive visualizations that will be used by various collaborators to explore views of our data, QA raw vendor data and derived features, monitor internal KPIs, share insights with the broader firm, etc.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work directly with various stakeholders within and outside of the alternative data group to understand their idiosyncratic needs with respect to dashboard design
- Create dynamic, intuitive, interactive dashboards from a multitude of internal datasets allowing the users to perform ad hoc analyses, improve QA and sanity checking efforts, and share meaningful insights
- Work with our engineers to automate the dynamic updating of visualizations and sanity checking for failures, bad data, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Human/Computer Interaction, or related field
- 3+ years of experience designing complex visualization dashboards
- Experience with Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Programming skills in Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc.) and SQL
- Strong design skills and a keen sense of ergonomics
- Strong communication skills
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.