Desktop Support Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma designs and builds the sophisticated and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible. We keep the organization at the forefront of innovative hardware. We have dedicated, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
The End User Technologies (EUT) team provides the hardware solutions needed for all Two Sigma end users. The EUT team manages all workstation and laptop hardware, as well as user IMAC (Install/Move/Add/Changes) across our New York offices. The team is instrumental in delivering hardware needs to the TS community while also providing on the ground support for projects and initiatives.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor a team of 10+ Desktop Support Technicians focused on solving a variety of hardware technical issues
- Participate in and contribute to IT infrastructure projects striving to improve firm wide end user experience
- Manage and facilitate sourcing of the team members by building and maintaining relationships with contracting vendors
- Maintain standards and be able to measure their compliance for provided support services, including the various components and attributes that make up a service, SLA's, and KPI's
- Implement and maintain a knowledge base management system ensuring documentation accuracy and continuous improvement
- Develop, maintain, and improve various day to day processes, procedures, as well as onboarding methodologies for additional support responsibilities
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 2+ years of direct management of a support team consisting of at least 5 people
- Broad technical understanding of Active Directory, Windows Client systems, Windows imaging and asset management
- Keen understanding of customer service and relationship management, and ease in communicating all technical and business functions
- Experience in using ticketing systems, tracking team workload, and time spent + metrics based reporting such as SLA’s and KPI's
- Project management skills to develop a plan of execution with the vital resources and teams from local to enterprise level projects
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.