Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is excited to expand our ongoing commitment to DEI, and we are seeking a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager to join our Human Resources team. The DEI Program Manager will enable and facilitate the implementation of the initiatives aligned to our DEI strategy
both within Human Resources and across the broader organization. The DEI Program Manager will serve as the Employee Resource Group (ERG) liaison providing multi-faceted support for the memberships. This is a high impact role that will be directly responsible for fostering and mobilizing critical alliances with external and internal stakeholders across various departments.
You don’t do it alone though. As a Program Manager, you’ll partner closely with your HR colleagues and others to bring the right resources and expertise to bear. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," and we take that as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful, and collaborative way. We also want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their
perspectives and influence decision-making.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Help drive unrelenting progress in cross-functional initiatives that support Two Sigma’s long-term DEI strategy through the creation of work plans, ensuring that deliverables are on time, tracking KPIs and executing monthly project status reporting
- Engage proactively with TSers and, particularly Two Sigma’s ERGs, to provide support, expand partnerships, and launch and refine programs inside and outside of Two Sigma.
- Stay current on DEI programs, research and developments; network and build relationships with professional and educational organizations and underrepresented groups; and consider opportunities to represent Two Sigma externally.
- Leverage data to track DEI program performance to ensure progress and desired outcomes.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience successfully shepherding the execution of DEI-focused project management, change management, or other DEI-focused cross-functional programmatic changes.
- Passion about and commitment to advancing DEI efforts and have an appreciation for the impact of such progress on the success of business strategies.
- An ability to build and nurture strong, dynamic relationships across various levels of seniority and can leverage those relationships to drive project outcomes.
- Excellent program management capabilities and a demonstrated ability to lead or coordinate multiple work streams and prioritize projects concurrently.
- You are an excellent listener with a high degree of empathy.
- You are an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, and can facilitate meetings productively.
- You are a quick-thinking, hard-working and fast-learning problem solver.
- You are agile and know how to pivot between strategy and tactical execution. Similarly, you can comfortably navigate ambiguity.
- Any of the following, or similar, PM and DEI certifications are preferred (though not required): Certified Project Manager (CPM), Professional in Project Management (PPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP), Catalyst certificate, Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE).
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, and employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: On-site gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, and game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.