Employee Relations Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a bright, organized, and detail-oriented Employee Relations Analyst to join our Human Resources team. In this role, you will drive a range of Employee Relations initiatives, spanning from departure management to policy and process development.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Providing day-to-day guidance and operational support on a broad range of Employee Relations topics, including departures, performance management, status changes, grievances, and conflict resolution;
- Coordinating key Employee Relations functions with other teams (e.g., HR Business Partners, Payroll, Benefits, Legal, Security);
- Creating and maintaining a range of metrics to inform and measure employee relations efforts;
- Organizing, tracking, and executing ongoing team projects, issues, goals, and processes;
- Serving as a point of contact for employees on employee relations matters;
- Developing and maintaining tools to help standardize processes and scale the employee relations function;
- Benchmarking, drafting, and providing input on, and interpretation of, HR policies.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university with an excellent academic record;
- Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in navigating ambiguity, managing complex decisions, and handling sensitive information;
- Keen attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and a process-oriented approach;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment;
- 1-3 years of HR experience, with some prior employee relations experience preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.