New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a motivated and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal team to help cover a wide range of employment and labor related issues. In this role, you will support various groups within both Human Resources (HR) and Legal/Compliance. The candidate should possess exceptional communication skills in order to work with internal constituents, specifically within HR and Legal and Security / Incident Response, as well as business leaders. The candidate will be a proven collaborator, self-motivated with sharp attention to detail. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, diverse team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of employment law topics, including discrimination, harassment, performance management, benefits, separations, workplace investigations, leaves of absence, accommodations, recruiting, employment agreements, compensation, and immigration issues.
- Draft, implement, and maintain templates to support HR and various business lines (e.g., separation, contractor, and recruiting contract templates).
- Conduct research and analysis to support our HR and business initiatives.
- Interact with outside counsel on employment research and litigation.
- Review and advise on HR and employment related contracts.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 4 - 6 years experience at a top tier U.S. law firm, in the legal department of a financial services company, and/or at a state or federal regulatory agency
- Strong academic record with a BA/BS degree and JD required, with a good standing in the New York Bar.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a proficiency in drafting
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity
- Experience with benefits and executive compensation matters preferred, but not required.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.