New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a bright and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal team to help cover a wide range of employment and labor related issues. In this role, you will support various groups within both Human Resources and Legal/Compliance.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of employment law topics, including discrimination, harassment, performance management, benefits, separations, workplace investigations, leaves of absence, accommodations, recruiting, employment agreements, and immigration issues.
- Draft, implement, and maintain templates to support HR and various business lines (e.g., separation, contractor, and recruiting contract templates).
- Conduct legal research and analysis to support Two Sigma’s HR and business initiatives.
- Managing outside counsel on employment research and litigation.
- Review and advise on various types of HR and employment related contracts.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as an associate in the employment and labor group of a major U.S. law firm, or any significant in-house employment law experience.
- JD and a member in good standing of the New York Bar.
- Presence to interface with internal constituents, specifically within HR and Legal and Security / Incident Responses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on drafting.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations of stakeholders in a timely, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.