Engineering Education - Learning & Development Program Manager
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Engineering Education is responsible for technical training and documentation across Two Sigma's Engineering organization. We are a small team, but we have a broad mandate: to deliver programs, processes and materials that foster a deep understanding of Two Sigma's technical platforms and practices among employees, promote continuous learning on a range of technical topics, and build strong connections.
We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager to oversee the operation and curation of our engineering training curriculum and programming. Working with the Head of Engineering Education, the successful candidate will play a hands-on role in building and running dozens of classes, fostering participation in self-guided learning programs, and ensuring that Two Sigma engineers have access to tools and opportunities that promote career-long technical learning and growth. These include employee-led talks, vendor partnerships, and innovative programming (over 300 sessions per year).
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with managers and employees to identify technical learning needs; develop recommendations for internal courses, self-guided learning paths and external training opportunities
- Oversee development of new classes and online learning paths: partner with subject matter experts to clarify class objectives and create materials; work with instructors to ensure exceptional delivery. Apply similar approaches to refine and improve existing offerings
- Manage all technical training logistics, from registration to post-class feedback-gathering for virtual, in-person, and hybrid events
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company to streamline and align processes wherever possible
- Ensure offerings are well-publicized and play an active role in promoting Engineering Education across the company
- Serve as the primary point of contact for students, instructors, and course owners
- Develop metrics and reports for managers and senior leaders; create and execute processes for tracking program utilization, measuring engagement, and soliciting manager and employee feedback and suggestions
- Run training programs that support the growth and development of 100+ of internal instructors and presenters and inspire them to do their best work
- Represent team needs as liaison to the engineering team that supports our Learning Management System (LMS) through an upgrade or migration
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1-10 year(s) of experience in learning & development or similar discipline
- Bachelor's degree in technical or non-technical discipline
- Must possess a professional interest or passion for continuous learning and technology, and for creating an extraordinary, inclusive employee experience
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale training programs in an engineering or IT organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and an eagerness to help others
- Strong organizational abilities and a flair for creating and streamlining processes
- Willingness to play a hands-on role in managing day-to-day program logistics
- Expertise in creating, editing, and organizing technical course materials for software developers and others
- Be equally dedicated to the “care and feeding” required to sustain the success of existing programs as to the creation of new initiatives
- Ability to energize and influence the efforts of volunteer collaborators throughout the organization
- Demonstrate sound judgment skills - ability to context switch, prioritize work, and escalate appropriately
Preferred Qualifications (Not Mandatory):
- Familiarity with software development practices and methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with GSuite, Cornerstone, Qualtrics, JIRA, Microsoft Outlook, and Confluence Wiki a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $100,000 and $175,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.