Engineering Manager, Distributed Storage Systems
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented engineering manager to lead a team responsible for creating world-class storage solutions at Two Sigma. Our storage requirements are scaling at multiple petabytes per year across a diverse array of storage solutions including block storage, object storage, time series and key-value based systems. In this role, you will be charged with all aspects of the development, operational support, and performance of multi-petabyte tiered storage systems that integrate tightly with Two Sigma’s highly parallel research environment. The challenge, complexity, and impact of your role will grow substantially as we scale our research and trading systems to remain at the forefront of an industry where latencies are approaching zero and the depth and breadth of relevant data sources is growing exponentially. Your work will be instrumental in supporting our proprietary research environment and its ability to comb through petabytes of data per day, while also ensuring the smooth operation of low-latency trading systems that process billions of events per day.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Lead team and projects in technical direction, prioritization, milestone planning and delivery.
· Managing complexities and risk throughout cross-functional projects
· Mentor junior team members on their technical skills and career development, while raising the bar in producing high quality code and delivering solid products/services
· Capacity planning and proposing future technical direction for storage growth, while partnering with product management to define long term roadmap
· 7+ years of experience working with large and complex distributed systems; 4+ hands-on technical management experience
· A track-record of recruiting and building w world class team of engineers
· Experience delivering large scale products with multiple dependencies in the distributed system or storage arena
· Strong coding skills and proficient working in Linux development environment
· Familiarity with latest storage technologies, like S3, Ceph, HDFS, or other AWS/Azure/Google storage products