Evening Facilities Coordinator
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a bright, proactive and highly organized individual to provide comprehensive facilities site co-ordination, for specific office locations within our real estate portfolio. This role will report up to the Head of Facilities Management. Two Sigma has >350,000 RSF over twenty (20) floors across two (2) buildings. Facilities Management (“FM”) is within the Workplace (“WPS”) organization, with responsibility for Two Sigma’s built environment which fosters a unique culture, encouraging the spirit of collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
FM is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all Two Sigma employees for all aspects of the day to day operations of our office locations. The FM team ensures all our facilities are running smoothly and are beautifully maintained. Every employee is a customer and each customer is treated with care.
(1) Facilities Operations
· Proactive management of all FM issues, concerns and service needs.
· Identify and respond to all urgent maintenance calls.
· Perform equipment troubleshooting and make appropriate calls if needed.
· Perform minor repairs and installations as needed.
· Manage and oversee all off hour maintenance, repairs and vendor services.
(2) Service Levels
· Understand the importance of high end customer service to all internal TS employees
· Quickly grasp the nuances and quirks of specific floors / buildings, and adjust approach, service levels in accordance with those varying requirements
· Quickly understand the important interactions and cross team co-ordination between the FM team and all other teams within WPS, together with IT Systems.
(3) Cost Control
· Basic understanding of budgeting principles and strong ability to control and track budgets as appropriate.
(4) Cleanliness & Operational Aesthetics
· Partner with housekeeping staff for aspects of cleanliness, ensure general cleanliness; tidiness and upkeep of all locations is maintained to the correct standard throughout the space.
· Partner with nightly porters to ensure all conference rooms and public spaces are being correctly and adequately supported and will be ready for use the following business day.
(5) Conference Centers & Public Spaces
· In conjunction with the Office Manager and the Head of FM, ensure that all conference rooms are in pristine condition, in terms of appropriately placed and functional furniture, cleanliness is without question, technology is working and report any issues as needed, and all supplies (snacks, beverages, office supplies) are fully stocked.
· Develop strong working relationships with the WPS Events Services team, to provide high end customer service, to support various events and event set-ups
(6) MEP / Preventative Maintenance
· Quickly grasp a full understanding of locations MEP systems, support vendor relationships, service models in conjunction with the Head of FM. Proactively make suggestions to help address any shortfall in services.
· In conjunction with the Head of FM, work to ensure that all forms of communication are clear, accurate and informative and strike the correct balance between helpful information, absent of industry jargon.
· As issues arise, working with the Head of FM, carefully draft email communications to specific groups of occupants with issue status updates, to help manage expectations.
· Provide nightly updates to the Head of FM of projects, interoffice moves and/or job assignment progress.
(8) Fire Life Safety Systems
· Quickly grasp a full and comprehensive understanding of all Fire Life Safety Systems
(9) Capital Project Initiation / Execution
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of the project lifecycle, proactively and consistently deliver on action items either for a specific project assigned, or the overall program management of multiple projects slated for completion as part of the department’s overall capital plan, in any one fiscal year.
· Proactively shoulder full responsibility for all project related tasks assigned, for completion within the due date.
· Administratively ensure that all project related paperwork is current, and in order – meeting minutes are updated, saved in appropriate electronic locations, budgets and schedules are current and accurate.
· Build strong working relationships with all external vendors from design consultants to construction trades, and co-ordination thereof.
(10) IMAC (Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes)
· Partner closely with IT Systems in execution of day to day moves that are scheduled weekly
· Partner closely with WPS external move consultants to ensure IMAC work is executed with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
· Educated to undergraduate degree level is preferred.
· Between 3-5 years’ experience within either a demanding corporate office environment, or a relevant industry related consultant.
· Applicants from the consultant side are welcomed, but must come with “client side” experience.
· Working knowledge and understanding of HVAC controls, heating systems, electrical systems, construction methods / admin required
· Basic understanding of Landlord / Tenant relationships, familiarity with building engineer methodologies, engagement etc.
· Comprehensive understanding of typical building systems, MEP infrastructure and Fire Life Safety Systems, is essential.
· Extremely customer focused, understanding the concept of the “internal customer” is paramount
· Ability to understand requirements that are both tactical and strategic.
· Capable of defining a component of a broader strategy and being willing and able to be involved in execution at an operational and tactical level.
· Adept at managing differing priorities, and adept at multitasking
· Adept and experienced in listening, and understand and anticipating internal customer needs
· Capable of working in a demanding environment, under pressure and still achieving the desired results
· Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
· Strong team player, with a understanding of how Facilities is an integral part of any corporate environment, and sufficiently flexible to comprehend and be comfortable working with occasional role overlap
o Ability to be work both as part of a cohesive team and individually on own initiative, as required.
· Familiarity with construction and project management processes and methodologies essential, experience in managing small capital projects up to and including direction of trades in an “owner’s rep” capacity required.
· Highly computer literate in MS Office Suite, and any other applicable software applications necessary for the execution of duties and responsibilities listed above
o Ability to read and understand building AutoCAD drawings preferable
· Must be highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to ask questions
· Consultant / vendor management experience preferred, but not essential
· Must be available to work Monday through Friday 3:00PM to 11:00PM