Evening Facilities Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Facilities Management (“FM”) is within the Workplace (“WPS”) organization, with responsibility for Two Sigma’s built environment, which fosters a unique culture, encouraging the spirit of collaboration and intellectual curiosity. FM is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all Two Sigma employees for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our office locations. The FM team ensures all our facilities are running smoothly and are beautifully maintained. Every employee is a customer and each customer is treated with care.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Facilities Operations
- Proactive management of all FM issues, concerns and service requests
- First point of contact for all off-hour service requests
- Identify and respond to all urgent maintenance calls
- Manage and oversee all off hour maintenance, repairs and vendor service
- Service Levels
- Understand the importance of high end customer service to all internal TS employees
- Quickly grasp the nuances and quirks of specific floors / buildings, and adjust approach, service levels in accordance with those varying requirements
- Quickly understand the important interactions and cross team co-ordination between the FM team and all other teams within WPS, together with IT Systems.
- Cost Control
- Full understanding of budgeting principles and strong ability to control and track budgets as appropriate
- Oversee contractors to ensure service ticket and billing are aligned
- Cleanliness & Operational Aesthetics
- Oversee nightly cleaning operation by collaborating with housekeeping vendors for all aspects of cleanliness; ensure general cleanliness; tidiness and upkeep of all locations. Confirm all specialty items in the contract are being completed and to the TS standard.
- Partner with nightly cleaners to ensure all conference rooms and public spaces are being correctly and adequately supported and will be ready for use the following business day.
- Event Support
- Provide after hour support for internal events, such as guest assistance, unexpected facilities issues, security, housekeeping oversight
- Direct the Evening FPM for set up and break downs of the space to ensure space is ready for next day operation
- MEP / Preventative Maintenance
- Quickly grasp a full understanding of locations MEP systems, support vendor relationships, service models in conjunction with the Head of FM. Proactively make suggestions to help address any shortfall in services
- In conjunction with the Head of FM, work to ensure that all forms of communication are clear, accurate and informative and strike the correct balance between helpful information, absent of industry jargon.
- As issues arise, working with the Head of FM, carefully draft email communications to specific groups of occupants with issue status updates, to help manage expectations.
- Provide nightly updates to the Head of FM of projects, interoffice moves and/or job assignment progress.
- Fire Life Safety Systems
- Quickly grasp a full and comprehensive understanding of all Fire Life Safety Systems
- Capital Project Initiation / Execution
- Manage all capital projects, including contractor oversight that are taking place off hours
- Confirm all building system requests are acknowledged and parties are aligned, including contractors and building engineers, prior to work beginning and upon completion
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the project lifecycle, proactively and consistently deliver on action items either for a specific project assigned, or the overall program management of multiple projects slated for completion as part of the department’s overall capital plan
- Proactively shoulder full responsibility for all project related tasks assigned, for completion within the due date.
- Build strong working relationships with all external vendors from design consultants to construction trades, and co-ordination thereof.
- IMAC (Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes)
- Partner closely with IMAC team for execution of employee desk moves that are scheduled every other week
- Partner closely with WPS external move consultants to ensure IMAC work is executed with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Educated to undergraduate degree level
- Between 10-15 years’ experience within either a demanding corporate office environment, or a relevant industry related consultant.
- Applicants from the consultant side are welcomed, but must come with “client side” experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HVAC controls, heating systems, electrical systems, construction methods / admin required
- Basic understanding of Landlord / Tenant relationships, familiarity with building engineer methodologies, engagement etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of typical building systems, MEP infrastructure and Fire Life Safety Systems, is essential.
- Extremely customer focused, understanding the concept of the “internal customer” is paramount
- Ability to understand requirements that are both tactical and strategic.
- Capable of defining a component of a broader strategy and being willing and able to be involved in execution at an operational and tactical level.
- Adept at managing differing priorities, and adept at multitasking
- Adept and experienced in listening, and understand and anticipating internal customer needs
- Capable of working in a demanding environment, under pressure and still achieving the desired results
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Strong team player, with a understanding of how Facilities is an integral part of any corporate environment, and sufficiently flexible to comprehend and be comfortable working with occasional role overlap o Ability to be work both as part of a cohesive team and individually on own initiative, as required.
- Familiarity with construction and project management processes and methodologies essential, experience in managing small capital projects up to and including direction of trades in an “owner’s rep” capacity required.
- Highly computer literate in MS Office Suite, and any other applicable software applications necessary for the execution of duties and responsibilities listed above
- Ability to read and understand building AutoCAD drawings preferable
- Must be highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to ask questions
- Consultant / vendor management experience
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday 3:00PM to 11:00PM
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.