Expansion Project Manager - Overdeck Family Foundation
New York, New York, United States
Overdeck Family Foundation believes unlocking every child's potential is the key to a better future - for all of us. Founded in 2011 by entrepreneurs John and Laura Overdeck, the Foundation focuses exclusively on education, supporting research and organizations that seek to open doors for every child in the U.S. by measurably enhancing education both inside and outside the classroom. Using a data-driven and evidence-based approach, the Foundation's investments enhance each stage of learning, from birth to high school, and are grounded in five focus areas: early childhood; educators; schools; out-of-school STEM opportunities; and the use of data to improve policy and practice.
The Overdeck Family Foundation is seeking a Project Manager to support the expansion of a partner Museum, anticipated to take place from 2020 to 2023. The project manager will report to the Foundation’s Associate Program Officer, Inspired Minds and work under the direction of the Executive Director as an integral part of the Museum, developing a comprehensive project plan to accomplish the goals of the expansion.
This role is structured as a full-time externship position with Overdeck Family Foundation, exclusively supporting the expansion of this Museum grantee. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate comes with at least 5 to 7 years of project management experience, ideally including NYC-based construction and facilities. Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are essential.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key members of senior management to support organizational KPIs
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting systems related to the expansion to assist in strategic decision-making
- Coordinate with the owners’ representative, architects, and legal counsel to support management and Board goals with respect to the expanded physical Museum
- Coordinate with senior management and with content and technology experts to facilitate implementation of the Museum’s digital strategy
- Monitor key performance metrics related to project-based grant initiatives, periodically reporting to senior management to facilitate timely grant reports
- Construct tools or dashboards to ensure efficiency and adherence to project timelines and budgets
- Provide monthly reports to senior management and quarterly reports for use in Board meetings
- Support coordination among design, program, fundraising, technology, education, and facilities managers
- Coordinate procurement of contracts for needed services in support of the expansion, such as security, food service, insurance, etc.
- Proven aptitude to manage complex projects within time and budget constraints
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong communicator who can escalate issues and recommend solutions
- Comfort with and a positive attitude toward STEM and/or STEM education
- Process-driven: someone who thinks methodically, with due care and discipline to drive significant impact
- Proven success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.