FPGA Engineer (New York/Chicago)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities (TSSS) brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We are seeking world-class engineers with cross-functional experience in FPGAs and software to join our growing hardware engineering team. Working closely with market researchers and software developers, we face a wide array of challenges relevant to finance and technology.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build next generation algorithmic trading systems, including tools to monitor and analyze system performance
- Solving low-latency trading problems and optimize performance-critical code
- Assess different technologies and their applications
- Develop software APIs, interfaces and drivers for new hardware platforms
- Find opportunities for improvement, as well as prototyping and experimenting with performance optimizations
- Develop, optimize, and strengthen the performance-critical components of the system
- Develop processes that tightly couple software and hardware systems in both simulated and production environments
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of professional experience analyzing performance requirements and designing systems handling very large volumes of real-time data at extremely low latencies
- BS/BA degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
- Development experience with coding software in a low level language such as C/C++
- Development experience in scripting languages such as python
- Current knowledge of C++ standards and specification
- Embedded systems development experience
- Linux kernel development experience is a plus
- PHP and SQL/Database experience is a plus
- No finance experience necessary
- Willing to work in NYC or Chicago
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.