Facilities Project Manager
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a bright, proactive and highly organized individual to provide comprehensive facility site management, for a specific office location within our real estate portfolio. This role will report up to the Facilities Manager. Two Sigma Solutions occupies over 400,000 RSF. Facilities Management (“FM”) is within the Workplace (“WPS”) organization, with responsibility for Two Sigma’s built environment, which fosters a unique culture, encouraging the spirit of collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
FM is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all Two Sigma employees for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our office locations. The FM team ensures all our facilities are running smoothly and are beautifully maintained. Every employee is a customer and each customer is treated with care.
- Facilities Operations
- Responsible for all FM related matters for assigned floors.
- Proactive management of all FM issues, concerns and service needs.
- Manage and oversee all onsite FM contractors.
- Identify and respond to all urgent maintenance calls.
- Prioritize daily facility issues and effectively delegate responsibilities to available support assets.
- Project Coordinate large-scale maintenance projects and alterations on assigned floors.
- Act as POC between building management / building services and Two Sigma.
- Service Levels
- Understand the importance of high-end customer service to all internal TS employees.
- Resolve escalated maintenance requests submitted via ticketing system
- Quickly understand the important relationships and cross-team coordination within the WPS department as well as with the IT Systems and Security departments
- Cost Control
- Full understanding of budgeting principles and strong ability to control and track budgets as appropriate.
- Oversee contractors to ensure service ticket and billing are aligned.
- Cleanliness & Operational Aesthetics
- Responsible for all aspects of cleanliness, ensure general cleanliness; tidiness and upkeep are maintained to the correct standard on assigned floors.
- Collaborate with onsite contractors to ensure all conference rooms and public spaces are being correctly and adequately supported.
- Address housekeeping deficiencies directly with housekeeping vendor representative.
- Event Support
- Partner with the Events team for set up and break down of internal event spaces.
- Develop strong working relationship with onsite staff, to provide high-end customer service to support various events and event set-ups.
- MEP / Preventative Maintenance
- Quickly grasp a full understanding of MEP systems, support vendor relationships, and service models in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
- Work to ensure that all forms of communication are clear, accurate and informative and strike the correct balance between helpful information and extraneous detail
- As issues arise, work with team to carefully draft email communications to specific groups of occupants with issue status updates to help manage expectations.
- Fire Life Safety Systems
- Quickly grasp a full and comprehensive understanding of all Fire and Life Safety Systems
- IMAC (Installs Moves, Adds, and Changes)
- Collaborate with IMAC team to execute all moves and changes on your floors.
- Undergraduate degree level.
- Between 10-15 years of experience within either a demanding corporate office environment, or a relevant industry related consultant.
- Applicants from the consultant side are welcomed, but must come with “client side” experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HVAC controls, heating systems, electrical systems, construction methods, data infrastructures, security infrastructures, audio/video infrastructures, and / admin required.
- Basic understanding of Landlord / Tenant relationships, familiarity with building engineer methodologies, engagement etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of typical building systems, MEP infrastructure and Fire Life Safety Systems, is essential.
- Extremely customer focused, understanding the concept of the “internal customer” is paramount.
- Ability to understand requirements that are both tactical and strategic.
- Capable of defining a component of a broader strategy and being willing and able to be involved in execution at an operational and tactical level.
- Adept at managing competing priorities, and adept at multitasking
- Adept and experienced in listening, and understand and anticipating internal customer needs.
- Capable of working in a demanding environment, under pressure, and still achieving the desired results.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Strong team player, with an understanding of how Facilities is an integral part of any corporate environment and sufficiently flexible to comprehend and be comfortable working with occasional role overlap.
- Ability to work both as part of a cohesive team and individually on one’s own initiative, as required.
- Familiarity with construction and project management processes and methodologies essential, experience in managing small capital projects up to and including direction of trades in an “owner’s rep” capacity required.
- Highly computer-literate in MS Office Suite, and any other applicable software applications necessary for the execution of duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Ability to read and understand building AutoCAD drawings preferable.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to ask questions.
- Consultant / vendor management experience preferred, but not essential.
- Must be available to work overtime, as directed by the Facilities