Finance: Equities Business Analyst (Two Sigma Investment Management)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Investment Management Finance team provides decision support to senior leadership, with a focus on financial modeling and management reporting. The function utilizes data and metrics to provide transparency, evaluate business drivers, and quantify impacts to the business. This role will have the opportunity to shape and influence the growth and strategy of investment management through insightful, data-driven analyses.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Performance attribution across all equity portfolios, trading strategies, and funds
- Develop measures to evaluate long term trends, risk, leverage, and other key indicators on health of the business
- Navigate and manage extensive datasets containing multi-dimensional time series portfolio data, to build and streamline processes
- Derive and execute on recommendations to business management, and portfolio managers, based on analytics you produce
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Financial modeling for Annual Budget & Quarterly Forecast, including P&L sensitivity analyses
- Planning: Support all planning efforts across the Investment Management – Equities space, which includes delivering on firmwide planning requirements, resource management, business case proposals, and market landscaping. Coordination of quarterly OKR’s process, along with scoping efforts and timelines for large scale initiatives that require collaboration across our Engineering & Corporate partners
- Project Management - representing team in cross-functional meetings and taking ownership of Finance related workstreams
- Developing and maintain reporting for senior leaders, including all financial related data (Revenues, Expenses, Headcount), along with key performance indicators
- Streamlining and automating reports for accuracy, consistency, and efficiency
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.)
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Divisional Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Analytics, Consulting, or similar functions
- Strong Financial Modeling & Reporting abilities, specifically in Excel
- Experience manipulating and performing analytics on large data sets
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with experience working with and presenting to senior audiences
- Collaborative, resourceful, and experience with project management
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.