Finance Project Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Corporate Platforms and Initiatives group within Two Sigma works with functional groups to design and implement scalable business processes and technology solutions to support the firm growth. This role straddles business and technology groups and requires both “big-picture” thinking and “in-the-weeds” analysis/delivery skills. We are looking to add an experienced business analyst / program manager who is passionate about taking our Finance platform to the next level of excellence. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Project management – managing partners with diverse agendas, driving meetings, developing consensus, managing project timeline, and applying best practices of project management.
- Business analysis – conducting current state assessments, developing future state processes, syndicating approaches with engineering and functional teams, documenting business requirements, converting requirements to functional specifications for engineering teams, coordinating testing, and being responsible for overall solution delivery.
- Program management – managing the project portfolio, helping drive prioritization, support development of business and technical architecture, developing relationships with engineering and functional teams, and helping in bidirectional translation between groups.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle project management – designing, developing and implementing business processes and solutions with buy-side finance groups.
- Bachelor degree required.
- A background in finance subdomains (e.g., fund accounting, tax, and financial planning) is preferred.
- Knowledge of finance and data management concepts and solutions would be beneficial in this role.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- You will also have advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.