Finance Team Lead
New York, New York, United States
TSIQ Finance / FP&A Role
The Two Sigma companies have built expertise in fast-moving financial markets, weaving petabytes of data together into tradeable insights. Two Sigma Insurance Quantified brings this data science discipline to insurance. We’re not trying to change everything overnight. Insurance is a big, complex industry with smart players but we know we can make data change an industry. We believe that insurance leaders share our vision for where we can go together.
We are seeking a talented individual to assist in the operating and on-going development of the Finance / FP&A capabilities of a growing and dynamic startup. This role is critical to the growth of the platform and she/he will be responsible for supporting and enhancing a broad range of financial efforts.
- Provide a financial mindset to discussions on strategic direction based on scenario modeling and market knowledge.
- Ensure the company has effective methodology for making decisions on commercial opportunities. Model commercial relationships related to markets, customers, and suppliers.
- Oversee the reporting of cash flow projections; he/she must carefully allocate capital and rigorously manage expenses to ensure sufficient cash coverage, limit shareholder dilution and drive profitability.
- Direct the analysis and development of the annual budgets including capital expenditure for review and approval by the Head of Finance.
- Drive financial leadership activities that result in financial discipline across the business.
- Participate in strategic and business planning for the company as well as setting financial goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Business & Corporate Development team and other senior stakeholders to assist with analyzing M&A, investments, strategic relationships, pricing, cost alignment and other strategic initiatives
- Assist with establishing annual financial goals commensurate with investor expectations for the short term and long-term strategic goals of the company. Translate these goals into an annual operating plan and continuously monitor and analyze performance against these objectives.
- Implement all financial strategies outlined by the Head of Finance
- Top tier education and advanced degrees preferred
- 6+ years progressive experience ideally with startup, technology/software, fintech and/or insurance/insurtech industry expertise
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong Excel/Google sheet modeling ability and Powerpoint/presentation skills.
- Strong interest in technology and data science is a plus.
- A strong work ethic, ability to operate independently and self-motivated.
- Personality, mindset and collaborative approach that fits well with an entrepreneurial, growing firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively at a board level
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity