Financial Planning and Analysis - Financial Analyst
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a financial analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis reporting team. Our group supports the firm’s Management Committee and business leads by producing key metrics highlighting the financial performance of the firm and each of the business units in order to drive critical business decisions. This role will focus on expense management and reporting across the firm’s business units and legal entities. The successful candidate will be results driven, organized, and able to coordinate across various stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Partner with engineers, corporate functions and business units across the firm to identify drivers of expense and variances vs. budget and prior period actuals;
- Key contact for expense reporting across our various business units;
- Coordination of firmwide quarterly full year projection exercises and annual budget process with respect to expenses;
- Partner with accounting and HR to report monthly expenses and headcount across the firm’s business units and legal entities, in accordance with the firm’s legal entity expense sharing agreements;
- Monthly expense management report for internal management review. Identify and recommend enhancements with respect to content, process, and controls;
- Enhance activity based costing methodologies across our business units (including documentation of methodologies); Analyzing resource allocation across our business units.
- Assist with various deliverables / projects across the broader Financial Planning and Analysis team (e.g. reporting automation).
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Mathematics. [Please detail your graduating GPA on your resume]
- 1-3 years of prior work experience.
- Ability to work with structured data.
- Finance / accounting experience a plus.
- SQL experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Team oriented