Front End Software Engineer: Data Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
For this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced front end web developer to help build the next generation of the Data solutions for discovery, analysis and productionization of data at Two Sigma. Using best of breed technologies in the front end, open source and public cloud, you will join our close-knit team of engineers, product managers, UX designers and quantitative researchers to help build out data applications that enables us to harness some of the world's most complex & challenging content, as we structure, transform and integrate new datasets and research methodologies to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline.
This is a green field opportunity to create new innovative solutions for our research partners. The candidate will be working on both rapid prototyping to harden the requirements, and creating strategic solutions that are transformation for our research.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Rapidly prototyping interactions and experiences.
- A high impact role on a highly visible project in the firm
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional coding and software design ability.
- Work in a fast paced environment with weekly release cycles.
- Experience building interactive products
- A strong academic record with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a scientific discipline.
- An obsession with building quality and well-designed software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves