Front End Software Engineer: Insurance Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $50 billion in assets, employs more than 1,200 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London.
For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
- Experience building both UI and back-end systems
- Frameworks: React/Redux, Angular 2
- CS degree preferred
- Ability to partner with product owners to analyze requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Experience working with external customers or partners
- Maintain a “big picture” view of overall architecture to ensure integration into an overall architectural vision and strategy
- Ability to quickly translate requirements into a prototype to prove out the design
- Experience with agile development practices
- Ability to break work down into stories and estimate, prioritize, and plan work items to be handled during sprints and milestones
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP and developing Cloud solutions