Full Stack Software Engineer - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is Two Sigma's portfolio analytics platform used by asset owners, asset managers, and advisors. Venn applies Two Sigma's expertise in research, data science, and technology to modernize the analytics experience for institutional investors, helping them embrace a quantitative approach to multi-asset portfolio risk and investment decision making. The tools available in Venn help investors perform factor-based risk analysis to inform manager due diligence, investment evaluation, and portfolio construction.
The Venn engineering team is growing and we are seeking an engineering-driven, deeply-analytical, and customer-obsessed full-stack software engineer who can help us accelerate value delivery to our customers!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop APIs using cloud technologies including microservices and caching
- Frontend development of the Venn platform
- Ideate, test, and analyze solutions to data challenges of computation-at-scale, portfolio management, data analysis, and visualization
- Close collaboration with our product managers and UX designers to plan and execute high-impact solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; 3-10 years of experience preferred building and developing customer-facing products
- Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, and readiness to challenge assumptions
- UI and UX testing experience
- BA/BS degree in a technical or non-technical discipline
- Experience with Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Python, and Typescript is a plus
- Experience with AWS web services is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.