Fullstack Engineer: Financial Analytics Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
While many areas of Two Sigma focus on gathering financial data of other companies, the mission of the Financial Analytics Engineering (FAE) team is to gather, model/manage, and build processes around the internal financial data of Two Sigma to enable not only our key partners in Finance, but also from our stakeholders across the firm.
As a software engineer in the FAE team, you will design, build, deploy, test, and support products across a variety of technology stacks. You will develop solutions and applications that enable business users to accomplish business critical goals, with a focus on robust design and high-quality code. You will be expected to take ownership of projects, interact closely with business stakeholders so that you can understand their problems, and devise elegant solutions that help advance our Finance team’s goals.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build RESTful services and web applications on a variety of platforms.
- Define and promote best practices through code reviews and tooling
- Organize project scope and prioritize tasks to deliver high-impact, business critical projects
- Create and present materials on projects and technical topics
- Collaborate to document and communicate technical designs
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of full-time experience in a software development field
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Java and SQL are required, familiarity with front-end development is a plus
- Knowledge of web service architecture and scalable, resilient systems
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.