Fullstack Engineer: Legal & Regulatory Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Legal & Regulatory Engineering (LNRE) is a team at the core of Two Sigma’s business and new growth initiatives. We build and integrate the next generation of systems that help Two Sigma and its employees meet their regulatory obligations.
LNRE offers everyone on the team the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in continuous improvement and collaborate directly with stakeholders to provide the best solutions for our customers and for Two Sigma.
As a Software Engineer for LNRE, you will design, build, deploy, test, and support products across a variety of stacks and technologies. You will develop solutions that maximize efficiency and reduce risk while also producing great code. You will be expected to take ownership of projects and will interact closely with business stakeholders to devise elegant solutions that help our Legal & Regulatory teams stay compliant with international regulations evolving at a fast pace.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build web applications and services oriented architectures, on a variety of platforms.
- Follow scalable architectural practices to build fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Evaluate and integrate with existing systems both internally and externally built.
- Interact with other teams to understand and influence best practices.
- Build the next generation of our back-office compliance monitoring platform.
- Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience.
- BS in computer science or a similarly engineering focused degree.
- Experience with Java, SQL, and full stack development. Angular is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.