Fullstack Software Engineer: Venn Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide. Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/
The Venn engineering team is growing! We are looking for a full stack software engineer.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Back end development in Java, using cloud and microservices, caching and other technologies
- Ideate and test and analyze solutions to 'big data' challenges of computation at scale, portfolio management, data analysis and visualization
- Collaborate with our product managers to plan and execute high impact solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience building and delivering customer facing products
- Experience with UX and UI testing is also desired.
- Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, readiness to challenge assumptions and obsession with building quality software.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves