Fundamental Equity Research Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma seeks analysts to join our fundamental equities research team. In this role, analysts will originate idiosyncratic ideas, conduct traditional deep dive fundamental research, generate price targets, and identify key investment themes across industries.
New hires will join a team that performs deep fundamental research in order to generate investment ideas and translate company- and sector-specific insights into scalable and diversifying alpha. The fundamental equities team will collaborate with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data scientists, engineers, and business colleagues to both leverage and enhance the capabilities of the Two Sigma platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify and deeply evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- Conduct thematic research, participate in investor conferences, meeting with company management teams, monitor company and industry events
- Perform well-structured, deep dive, bottom-up fundamental research on specific companies to produce high conviction investment ideas
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-4+ years of prior relevant work experience [across investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, or equity research]
- Collaborative team player
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA is a plus
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Structured, disciplined and scalable investment process
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $165,000 and $300,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.