Global Macro Trader: Derivatives and Relative Value
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a trader with strong attention to detail and excellent judgment to join the execution desk for our macro portfolio, which handles trades across a wide range of macro asset classes, including futures, fixed-income, currencies and commodities.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Executing orders across all markets that we cover
- Partnering with portfolio managers, modelers and software engineers to strategize execution tactics
- Design new trading tools, as well as monitor and analyze slippage and other trading costs
- Development and maintain systematic strategies for execution and dealer selection using Python and other languages
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Several years of execution experience, particularly in OTC markets
- Proficiency in programming languages (Python, SQL)
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Self-starter – motivated to become the trader of the future
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.