Global Workplace Services & Real Estate Senior Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Workplace Services & Real Estate Senior Analyst will support project ideation, planning, management, and analysis across strategic initiatives supporting the real estate and workplace services business org. The person in this position provides strategic, operational and financial analytics, high-level forecasting, trend analysis, business insights, qualitative assessment of risks and opportunities, and recommendations based on advanced data analysis. Serves as a strategic thought partner to the workplace services senior management team and supports business functions for financial operations.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a team-oriented, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment, welcomes challenges and embraces change, is creative and can learn fast, and can be effective with limited supervision.You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Understand and communicate the impact of new business initiatives (workplace and real estate focused).
- Work with and build trusted relationships across the business and act as liaison to ensure alignment between Workplace Services and the firms various business divisions (Finance, Accounting, HR).
- Report on actual financial and operational performance against targets and prior year; provide variance analysis and guidance on future trends. Ensure key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management.
- Build and maintain continuous reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement and prepare meaningful budgets and forecasts, integrated with core business strategy, targets and processes.
- Drive processes to improve efficiencies and reduce time spent on low-value activities so that more time can be spent creating new value for business partners
- Perform ad-hoc projects, analytics and provide recommendations as identified by the management team.
- Effectively engage in the ongoing improvement of financial, planning and business intelligence systems and processes
- Develop forward looking workplace and real estate standard methodologies & programs, evaluating lessons learned via post-mortems to enable scalable growth strategies
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner to assigned areas of the business within the Workplace Services Org
- Evaluate lease structures, building options, and financing alternatives to model and analyze various scenarios for office acquisitions, relocations and consolidations. Monitor and track real estate assets and partner with the Workplace Services team to review subleases, lease buyouts, terminations and other disposition strategies, as well as calculate impacts from both a cash and financial statement perspective
- Own the forecasting process for Corporate Real Estate; work with your team to develop regional forecasts that reflect the latest developments in the business
- Act as aggregator for Workplace planning activities, including headcount/space forecasting and occupancy planning. Specifically, you will lead all aspects of the space planning team for Workplace Services, championing the Return to Office and future of workplace program
- Ensure occupancy / vacancy levels are well understood and actively reported and managed
- As required, engage and inform functional teams to identify and manage project scope, timeline and achievements, and costs.
- Perform analysis and provide guidance to senior management on sale of owned real estate assets, including sale-leaseback transactions
- Participate in development of the annual financial plan
- In depth knowledge of corporate real estate market, industry trends, CRE financial analytics, and integrated facilities management
- Proven understanding of key financial concepts, including time value of money, IRR, NPV, and ROI; ability to apply this knowledge to complex transaction modeling of fully integrated financial statements
- Knowledge of real estate, property metrics, and occupancy standards
- Strong business acumen and high intellectual curiosity with demonstrated interest in real estate finance
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with complex spreadsheets. Experience with VBA preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data, including financial statement analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of cruciality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills while articulating results of complex analysis in an understandable way
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving with a high attention to detail
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.