HR Business Partner - Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
HR Business Partner
Are you a sharp, strategic and proactive HR professional passionate about driving impact in a fast-moving, high-growth organization? If so, we’re looking for folks like you to join our team as HR business partners.
As an HRBP at Two Sigma, one of your primary responsibilities will be to partner with our leaders to understand their business objectives then to develop and execute practical people strategies to help achieve them. You’ll also work closely with managers and employees throughout your dedicated business area to ensure they have the right skills, are passionate about their work and are inspired to succeed. Day-to-day this means coaching and guiding managers and individual contributors on efforts like career development, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, employee engagement and effective organizational design. While we definitely look for people who can be trusted advisors to our leaders, we also look for people who are capable of developing relationships throughout the organization and who can roll up their sleeves and get things done.
You don’t do it alone though. As an HRBP you’re an orchestrator – partnering closely with your HR colleagues and others from across the business to bring the right resources and expertise to bear. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
Finally, we’re known as “nice geeks,” which we take as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful and collaborative way. As well, we want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their perspectives and influence decision making. After all, we’re a company that’s all about data.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential responsibilities include:
1. Partnering with senior leaders to translate business objectives into people strategy and execution
2. Analyzing and reporting on people data to proactively identify and address trends and issues
3. Managing HR programs and processes (comp, performance management, talent reviews, etc.) to ensure the desired objectives and outcomes are attained
4. Coaching and advising leaders on key people matters including team and individual development, organizational design, succession planning, learning needs, etc.
5. Leveraging the expertise from the HR centers of excellence – Learning & Development, Rewards, Strategy & Operations, and Employee Relations – and provide feedback and analysis on continued process improvements
6. Partnering with Recruiting to prioritize both short and long-term talent acquisition programs and initiatives
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record; master’s degree preferred
· Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience as an HRBP or in a generalist role with employee-facing responsibilities
· Previous experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth organization
· Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis of key people data
· Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with leaders and key stakeholders to drive organizational change
· Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, make independent decisions, and manage conflicting priorities
· Proactive, solutions-oriented approach to work; able to demonstrate creative problem solving skills
· Strong consultative skills and the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly