HR Business Partner, Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
As an HRBP at Two Sigma, you will partner with our leaders to understand their business objectives to then develop and execute practical people strategies to help achieve them. You’ll work closely with managers and their teams to ensure they have the right skills, are passionate about their work, and are inspired to succeed. This means providing coaching and guidance on career development, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, employee engagement, and effective organizational design. So, while we definitely look for people who can be trusted advisors to our leaders, we also need people to develop great relationships throughout the organization, and who like to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
You don’t do it alone though. As an HRBP, you’ll partner closely with your HR colleagues and others to bring the right resources and expertise to bear. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," and we take that as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful, and collaborative way. We also want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their perspectives and influence decision-making. This position is located in our New York City office.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partner with senior leaders, managers, and individual contributors to help ensure they and their teams are performing at their fullest potential and aligning their work with key business objectives.
- Coach and advise leaders on key people matters including team and individual development and organizational design, among other things.
- Manage HR programs and processes (such as compensation, performance management, talent reviews, promotions, etc.) to ensure strong outcomes
- Support content development and drive execution across written and in-person internal communications channels (including presentations for Town Halls, senior leader speaker series, organizational update notes, one-pagers, and general talking points).
- Partner with and leverage the expertise of HR colleagues (e.g. Recruiting, Learning & Development, Rewards & Analytics, Benefits, and Employee Relations) to deliver all elements of our HR offerings to our employees
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record; a master’s degree is preferred.
- You have at least 8 - 12 years of professional work experience, with a minimum of 5 years as an HRBP or in a generalist role with employee-facing responsibilities.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
- You know how to build and nurture strong, dynamic relationships with senior leaders.
- You demonstrate good judgment and integrity in all situations, especially the most sensitive ones.
- You’re a quick-thinking, hard-working, and fast-learning problem solver with a proficiency in data analytics.
- You are agile and know how to pivot between strategy and tactical execution. Similarly, you can comfortably navigate grey areas.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, and employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: On-site gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, and game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.