HR Generalist, Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
As an HR Generalist at Two Sigma, you will be responsible for a wide range of people-related activities, work with a high level of autonomy, and interact and consult with our employees and managers.
You don’t do it alone though. As an HR Generalist, you’ll partner closely with all HR functions to provide insight and business context when developing new policies and procedures, rolling out new programs and processes, and developing reporting among others things. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," and we take that as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful, and collaborative way. We also want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their perspectives and influence decision-making.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Support the management and execution of area-wide annual HR programs and processes, including process preparation, manager support, calibration facilitation (e.g. staff planning, talent reviews, performance management processes, employee surveying, etc.)
- Consult with managers in support of their individual and team-related needs, including general inquiries, HR process support, facilitation of people-related efforts (e.g., team building, reorganizations, etc.)
- Consult with employees directly on topics ranging from day-to-day questions and concerns to career development; you will also partner with our Employee Relations team to handle sensitive issues that may arise
- Conduct new hire check-ins and exit interviews; you’ll then synthesize related feedback and provide improvement recommendations to HR and managers
- Manage all organizational data updates and assist with reporting asks for leadership
- Synthesize learnings and observations from across the organization to identify improvement areas and propose solutions for addressing them in HR policies, programs, and processes
- Provide support for area-specific All-Hands and other leadership presentations
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record; a master’s degree is preferred.
- You have 1 - 3 years of professional work experience, ideally as an HR generalist or business partner
- You’re an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
- You demonstrate good judgment and integrity in all situations, especially the most sensitive ones.
- You’re a quick-thinking, hard-working, and fast-learning problem solver with a proficiency in data analytics.
- You’re able to work independently and are an organized stickler for details
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.