New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner Generalist to help support a business area. In this role, you will be a part of a close-knit HR business partner team and work directly with the three HR business partner leads for each area. You will be responsible for a wide range of people-related activities, work with a high level of autonomy, and interact and consult with employees and managers. Finally, you’ll collaborate with all HR functions to provide insight and business context when developing new policies and procedures, rolling out new programs and processes, developing reporting, etc. This position is located in our New York City office.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Support the management and execution of area-wide annual HR programs and processes, including process preparation, manager support, calibration facilitation (e.g. staff planning, talent reviews, performance management processes, employee surveying, etc.)
- Consult with managers in support of their individual and team-related needs, including general inquiries, HR process support, facilitation of people-related efforts (e.g., team building, reorganizations, etc.)
- Consult with employees on topics ranging from day-to-day questions and concerns to career development; partner with Employee Relations to handle sensitive issues or to connect employees to the appropriate subject matter expert
- Conduct new hire check-ins and exit interviews; synthesize related feedback and provide recommendations for improvement
- Manage organizational data updates for the population; assist with reporting asks for leadership
- Synthesize learnings and observations from across the organization to identify improvement areas and propose solutions for addressing them in HR policies, programs, and processes
- Provide support for area-specific All-Hands and other leadership presentations
- Manage other area-specific HR projects, as necessary
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1-3 years experience in HR
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- HR business partner or generalist experience
- An exceptional communicator and trusted advisor
- Quick-thinking, hard-working, and fast-learning
- Independent, but collaborative
- An extremely organized stickler for details
- Proactive and able to establish and meet deadlines
- Calm and agile in fast-paced situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Powerpoint)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $90,000 and $150,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.