HR Special Projects Business Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a bright and analytical business manager to join Two Sigma’s HR team. We are looking for someone who loves solving problems at a high-level but can also roll up their sleeves, execute, and dive into day-to-day details. In this role, you will support HR leadership on a broad array of strategic projects that support various business initiatives across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Independently scope, plan, research, and execute on impactful HR projects initiated by senior leaders across the organization (e.g., D&I strategy planning, return to in-office work planning, HR process improvements, organizational assessments)
- Structure and develop executive-level presentations and communications to align key partners, set expectations, and communicate progress and results (e.g., project reports, status updates, briefing memos, research summaries, etc.)
- Provide Chief of Staff-level support to HR leadership in preparing meeting agendas, compiling relevant documents and updates ahead of meetings, and executing on post-meeting follow-up items
- Support HR leadership in developing and sharing data and reports; interpret data to identify key insights that can inform and influence HR decision-making
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of experience in management consulting, preferably within the human capital function or a related field
- You have a bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record; master’s degree (or equivalent) preferred
- You’re an excellent and crisp communicator, both orally and in writing.
- You can easily pivot between strategic and tactical execution, and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves at a moment’s notice.
- You’re an intellectually curious and proactive problem solver who looks to make data-driven decisions.
- You relish navigating and translating ambiguous requests into actionable, clearly defined project plans; you can deftly move past obstacles to get things done.
- You are an exceptionally strong relationship and project manager
- You can balance keen attention to detail with swift, seamless execution
- You demonstrate strong professional integrity and discretion.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.