HR Systems Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
- Build relationships with our HR Partners; participate in production support and project-related work; collect and evaluate user requirements, propose technical solutions and deliver on those solutions
- Research or troubleshoot issues across multiple systems, get to the root of an issue, propose options for solutions and implement the solution to prevent the issue from happening in the future
- Learn, understand and explain the flow of data across these systems, each system’s role, strengths or weaknesses, how security is permissioned and integrations
- Speak to Workday’s data model, its ability to store and deliver effective-dated data as well as report on the data
- Contribute to team meetings; be able to flex from discussing eliminating low-value support work to high level project thinking
- Work with HR to adopt our HR systems and answer questions about self-service data entry best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with HR applications, preferably in an Engineering or Technology organization (3+ years in Workday is a plus)
- Comfortable with hands-on configuration and maintenance to support HR systems
- Passion for HR technology, HR data models, structures and understand relational databases
- Experience designing and implementing reports in Workday (integrations a plus)
- Ability to present ideas in business-oriented manner
- Critical thinking and being passionate about technology and data; bring an engineer’s approach and sensibility to HR Systems.
- Experience with SQL is a plus but not required
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves