Head of Broker Management & Counterparty Relations
New York, New York, United States
We are recruiting for an experienced manager to Lead our Broker Management and Financing team. The team is responsible for managing Two Sigma’s prime, clearing, and executing broker relationships together with developing and enhancing relationships with our financing partners and other brokers to enhance Two Sigma’s capabilities across each of our existing and new business areas, markets and asset classes in which we operate.
Key focus areas of the Broker Management team include day-to-day documentation management; selection of financing counter-parties and negotiating financing arrangements; optimization of financing structures, and margin term requirements; launching new markets and broker relationships for trading; leading initiatives that improve and expand how we partner with our brokers; and coordinating and measuring the value received from our brokers. Additionally the ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of the structured financing market for more esoteric products. We place high value and deep trust with our broker partners, and the Broker Management team is committed to continuing to foster deeper and broader partnerships together.
Core competencies of the role consist of:
- Idea generation;
- Project management;
- Research and competitive intelligence gathering;
- Market and business analysis; and
- Relationship management and development.
- 10+ years of work experience in finance, business strategy, investment, and/or consulting type role.
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proven ability to take an idea from blank sheet of paper, to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Negotiation skills, including with external business counterparts.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of financing structures.
- Ability to converse with people on technical issues on both a high and a detailed level.
- Ability to dive into a wide variety of issues, such as, operations, tax, legal, compliance, risk, general business terms, etc.
- Sound business judgment.
- Self-starter and results-focused.