Head of Communications
New York, New York, United States
The Head of Internal and External Communications is a unique opportunity to shape and manage the reputation for one of the world’s leading technology-driven investment managers. This is great opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of our businesses including but not limited to; Ventures, Insurance and Asset Management. The ideal candidate is a polished communications professional that has deep experience with high-level media interactions, expertise managing internal communications programs and an ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues throughout the organization. This is a player/coach role which requires the candidate to execute projects from start to finish while also managing a small but highly competent team. Financial industry experience is a must.
Role responsibilities include:
- Protect and promote the Two Sigma brand by managing important relationships with media and other industry influencers
- Work with senior leadership to promote key initiatives aimed at enhancing a favorable image of the company. This includes the development and execution of strategic programs and partnerships (creating a strategy, conducting research/planning, preparing messaging, working with partners and press, counseling spokespeople, managing awards, negotiating sponsorships and partnerships, etc)
- Coordinate media interviews for executives, as appropriate, and serve as the spokesperson for Two Sigma
- Write and edit key documents, including media advisories, key messages, media statements, Q&As, fact sheets, backgrounders and web and social content.
- Manage leadership speaking opportunities and oversee company-wide speaking opportunity process
- Develop and lead communication programs and content strategy across multiple internal channels, including the intranet, town halls, and internal speaker series.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Collaborate with numerous internal partners, including senior leadership and their respective teams, to execute a diverse range of projects
- Minimum of 10 years of communications experience. A mix of agency and in-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong writing skills. Writing includes the crafting of messaging and positioning documents, internal communications, speech writing and other communications for senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong media relations abilities and well developed relationships with leading business and financial industry journalists.
- 2-5 years’ experience managing a small team, with a proven history of developing and growing professional skills.
- A solid understanding of the financial investments industry
- Credibility as a highly identifiable, engaged leader known for driving creativity and teamwork.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.