Head of Finance Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented and experienced professional to lead the development of the finance infrastructure and capabilities for an exciting new technology business called Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (Two Sigma IQ). Two Sigma IQ (http://www.twosigmaiq.com/) seeks to provide solutions to the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. Two Sigma IQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, Two Sigma IQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
The Head of Finance will serve as Two Sigma IQ’s chief financial officer and play an important role in direction setting and execution. S/he will work directly with Two Sigma IQ business team, clients, Two Sigma corporate leadership, and service providers on all financial aspects of the company's activities, and will lead the development and implementation of a high quality financial infrastructure that will scale with a rapidly growing business.
S/he will be responsible for a broad range of management, financial and operations efforts, including the following:
- Oversight of financial planning & budgeting for business unit reporting, which includes presentation of segment profitability, performance metrics, and key partner relationships in conjunction with customer billing, and teaming with leadership on all areas of resource planning, operational and cash flow budgeting. This reporting framework will serve as a key tool for strategic decision making.
- Build a robust financial infrastructure with high quality processes, controls, financial reporting systems, and resources that will meet the needs of Two Sigma IQ’s owners and partners.
- Develop a highly capable finance function to support leadership and provide financial insights to make good business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes, infrastructure and capabilities of the business in order to scale appropriately, including collaborating closely with the Two Sigma IQ business team in developing internal management reporting and dashboards.
- Oversight of financial statements, cash planning, treasury functions, and tax planning and reporting.
- Maintaining and growing key business relationships with customers, vendors and key stakeholders from a finance perspective.
- Partnering closely with corporate leadership to execute key business objectives, and lead internal coordination and communication to key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- The Head of Finance will be an experienced finance professional with outstanding leadership capabilities and a track record of building, developing and leading a scalable finance organization
- CPA and/or an MBA are preferred. 12+ years of professional growth through positions of increasing financial management responsibility, ideally in the financial technology, software or insurance industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to translate business requirements into a financial planning framework
- Good business acumen with an ability to see beyond the numbers and identify drivers of performance
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, particularly as it impacts technology, software and professional service firms
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Process driven
- Ability to bring operational best practices to a growing organization
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $50 billion in assets, employs nearly 1,200 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.