Head of Internal & External Communications
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We're seeking a Head of Communications which is a unique opportunity to shape and manage the reputation for one of the world’s leading technology- and data-driven financial services companies. In this role, you will drive external and internal communications across all businesses including investment management, private equity, venture capital, market making and insurance. Our team collaborates with and supports C-suite executives and works closely with software engineers, data scientists and researchers.
The ideal candidate is a polished communications professional that has deep experience with top tier and trade media. They should also demonstrate expertise leading internal communications programs and an ability to build trust-based interpersonal relationships throughout the organization. This is a player/coach role which requires the candidate to execute projects from start to finish while also leading a diverse team.
The Head of Internal and External Communications should have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Writing will include the crafting of messaging and positioning documents, internal communications, speech writing and other communications for senior leadership. They will also possess strong media relations abilities, well developed relationships with leading business and financial industry journalists is a plus. The candidate should have credibility as a highly identifiable, engaged leader known for driving creativity and teamwork. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Protect and promote the Two Sigma brand by leading important relationships with media and other industry influencers
- Work with senior leadership to promote initiatives aimed at enhancing a favorable image of the company. This includes the development and execution of strategic programs and partnerships (crafting a strategy, conducting research/planning, preparing messaging, working with partners and press, counseling spokespeople, managing awards, negotiating sponsorships and partnerships, etc)
- Coordinate media interviews for executives, as appropriate, and serve as the spokesperson for Two Sigma
- Write and edit key documents, including media advisories, key messages, media statements, Q&As, fact sheets, backgrounders and web and social content
- Manage leadership speaking opportunities and oversee company-wide speaking opportunity process
- Develop and lead communication programs and content strategy across multiple internal channels, including the intranet, town halls, and internal speaker series.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Collaborate with numerous internal partners, including senior leadership and their respective teams, to execute a diverse range of projects
- Able to guide and manage the two internal comms leads, demonstrating sound judgement
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of communications experience.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience as a team manager, with a proven history of developing and growing professional skills.
- Ability to operate within an organization that is experiencing growth and transformation.
- Consistent track record of vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.