Head of Marketing - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a platform used by investment allocators (e.g., customers of Two Sigma) to understand holistically the risks and returns of their suite of investments. It decomposes risk and return into factors and allows portfolio optimization by combining a user's factor forecasts with current factor exposures.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who will lead strategy and execution for Venn’s brand, content, lead generation, sales enablement, and communication efforts. In addition to creating and driving a go-to-market machine, you will also be responsible for driving behavioral change in an industry that manages trillions of dollars in assets, but has traditionally been underserved by modern technology tools. As Venn’s head of marketing, you will be a critical part of strategic planning and decision-making cross functionally, using your experience building extraordinary Go-To-Market teams and executing proven playbooks to scale revenue in competitive markets.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Plan and execute a data-driven, multi-channel (email, direct, advertising, PR, etc.) marketing effort to drive user acquisition for Venn to improve market expansion through measurable impact
- Partner closely with Venn sales and Two Sigma’s broader marketing and communications teams to craft our messaging and value proposition and accelerate sales cycles
- Lead communications and PR efforts to elevate our brand, recognition, and product enthusiasm across the institutional investor community
- Collaborate with Product Management to drive customer retention and increased engagement with Venn from existing Venn users and accounts
- Hire, lead and develop a team of top professionals across content, performance marketing, demand generation and product marketing
- Define and manage marketing budget and expenses, in coordination with Venn’s GM and operational leadership
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience marketing modern B2B SaaS products in fast-growing FinTech or enterprise companies
- Experience marketing to behavioral change, impressing upon users the benefits of modernization and using the latest technologies over established legacy systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to develop and effectively articulate brand values and build winning marketing campaigns and collateral
- Excellent at partnering with sales and sales operations teams to craft the message and drive strong results, and product management and engineering teams to articulate the product strategy and inform the roadmap
- Quantitatively oriented, you understand how to set goals, track, and measure impact of your efforts with a scientific test-measure-learn mentality
- Excited to both think strategically *and* get into the details - we are a small but growing team, so execution and grit are key!
- Interest in investing and finance is a plus - our product helps guide the investment decisions of multi-billion dollar pensions, research endowments, healthcare systems and charitable foundations
- Experience with freemium customer acquisition models is preferred experience with finance or other highly regulated industries is beneficial
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.